Friday, February 11, 2011

Termites

Playing Categories in the car today, Cherub asked Grandma to think of "a fruit that begins with T ... something that the big girls like". After a failed guess of tangerines, Grandma gave up. The answer, it transpired, was "termites". Termites? Are my daughters anteaters? Grandma and I cracked up laughing, and even Cherub got the joke after we explained what termites were, and that what she actually meant was pomegranates (!).

At dinner I passed the story on to Angel and Star, accompanied by more laughter from Cherub and myself. It turned out the joke was on us. Angel and Star looked rather sheepish ... then admitted that when they were younger they used to eat ants!!!! Eek!

In case you are wondering, they squashed them first. And insects are high in protein.

Then again, better not to think about it.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That really made me chuckle.

Missus Wookie said...

home schooled kids huh? ;)