Monday, January 31, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook: 31st January 2011

Outside My Window ... blue skies and a briskly cold day after a deep frost last night. 

I am thinking ... about various things I want to get done this afternoon.

From the learning rooms ... Angel has been selected for her school's technology team to take part in an interschool competition in March where they have to complete some kind of product design task.  

I am thankful ... for a break from grey, damp weather.

From the kitchen ... I worked out a new four week menu plan rotation at the weekend, and am
going to try out this mince and sweet potato pie recipe tonight.

I am wearing ... jeans, green and cream striped hooded top, blue handknitted socks.

I am creating ... still my brother's socks and my aran cardigan.

I am going ... to an open morning at Cherub's school about Sounds Write, the method they use for teaching reading.

I am reading ...  The King's Speech by Mark Logue.

I am hoping ... to find a nice pair of red shoes. I want to tick something else off my Day Zero Project list and red shoes would fit my mood nicely (bright and cheerful!).

I am hearing ... Cherub's Winnie-the-Pooh DVD. I hate Disney's Winnie-the-Pooh with a passion. How could anyone give that most English of bears an American accent?

Around the house ... I need to clear out the small set of drawers next to my bed, as I want to put a small desk there instead to give myself a quiet (relatively!) work space.

One of my favourite things ... red (more on that later)

A few plans for the rest of the week ... another nice, quiet week, with nothing much out of the ordinary.

A picture thought I am sharing ... an old picture of Angel and Star I found and scanned recently. I forgot what mad hair Angel used to have - these days it is beaten into submission with straighteners.



Find instructions and links to other daybooks at The Simple Woman

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Cute picture. We're grey up here, and it's -1.

Melanie Bettinelli said...

"I hate Disney's Winnie-the-Pooh with a passion. How could anyone give that most English of bears an American accent?"

I heartily concur. I always feel a bit guilty when I read Pooh that I can't give any of them a proper accent. Sadly, I can't do accents.