Thursday, September 02, 2010

Random Dozen: September 2nd


Humph. Late again.

1. What insect are you most afraid of? Feel free to post a picture.
None. I actually like insects. We are lucky that in the UK there isn't anything too scary. I do prefer they stay in the right place - ants in the garden, not the house, and wasps not too close to whatever I am eating.

2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do?
I'm reasonably efficient at recycling.

3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you.
I have had spells of recurring dreams, but none of them particularly unpleasant. I used to get dreams about missing trains. Self-inflicted, as I was commuting at the time and made a habit of missing trains or catching them by the skin of my teeth!

4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances?
Never.

5. What do you consider your best feature?

Cheerfulness and positive outlook. Usually.

6. What was the last concert you went to?
An orchestra concert I performed in at the beginning of July. We played Brahms' Academic Festival Overture, Dvorak's 8th Symphony, and a Beethoven Piano Concerto. I was tucked away in my favourite spot at the back of the first violins.

7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced.
The time I forgot to turn my mobile phone off when I went to Confession. Tevye sent me a text, and my text ringtone was set to the Can-Can to make sure I heard it. So did everyone else in the Church. Mortifying.

8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer?

Singer. Badly.

9. George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute?

Reminding me of his attention to detail and his infinite variety. I took Cherub to the local open farm today - rabbits with supersoft fur, alpacas, a week old calf, ducks head down and tails up, a hare sitting in a quiet corner of a field, a rich crop of hawthorn berries for the birds, baby guinea pigs, a shire horse next to a shetland pony, pygmy goats, fat sows ...

10. On September, 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010?
Oops! I missed it.

11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell? (You must choose.)
Both are outside my experience, but I like tacos, so I'll go for Taco Bell.

12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships? 
Absolutely.

For more Random Dozens, visit  2nd Cup of Coffee.

2 comments:

Teresa Dawn said...

I like insects too! Especially spiders and butterflies haha. Although I'll admit, not a fan of mosquitos!

Pamela said...

If I ever hear the Can-Can again, you'll be the first person I think of! I have to admit we had a similar experience - not my phone, but my daughter's - even more mortifying as it went off during a funeral service. Thankfully, it was not the Can-Can ringtone!