Sunday, June 06, 2010

Brighton

Back from a happy three days enjoying the sun at the seaside.

We strolled along the pier.


Angel and Star swung out from the end of the pier on this ...


They survived, and said they enjoyed it.


What began well ...


... ended badly (Star had to be prised out!)


We saw the Royal Pavilion (only from the outside - we didn't go in).


We ate ice creams.


Cherub rode on a carousel, though it took her two days to pluck up the courage.


She was very pleased with this toy whale her sister won for her by racing a mechanical dolphin.


And Star brought home some Brighton rock.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Looks like a great vacation! I laughed when I saw the rock candy because that's something I was on the lookout for all over England for my friend Sally. She grew up in England and said she always got that candy on the beach. Anyway, I finally found some at the sweet shop in Bath and got her 4 sticks.

The Bookworm said...

Yes, it is such a traditional seaside thing - too sweet and sticky for me, though!

Missus Wookie said...

Looks like a great visit, and very traditional :)