Monday, March 08, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook: 8th March

Outside My Window ... exactly the same as last week. Another bright and sunny but crisp and cold day. More frost tonight, I think.

I am thinking ... how slowly spring is arriving this year.

From the learning rooms ... Star sent out of an English lesson for talking. She claimed she was practicing for a "speaking and listening assignment". Hmmm.

I am thankful ... for internet shopping. I just bought Star a pair of track pants for £5 (reduced from £22.99). Hours of frustrating traipsing round shops with a grumbling eleven year old saved. 

From the kitchen ... sweet chilli chicken stir fry and Dorset apple cake.


I am wearing ... dark grey trousers, short sleeved pale pink sweater, purple cardigan, hand-knitted self striping socks in blues, purple and pink.

I am creating ... a turquoise knitted dress for Cherub, a pale green scarf for myself, and socks for my brother.

I am going ... to take a yawning Cherub up to bed as soon as I finish this post.

I am reading ... Rural Life in Victorian England by G.E.Mingay. Slowly.

I am hoping ... Cherub's runny nose doesn't turn into anything worse.

I am hearing ... Cherub's I Can Cook on TV.

Around the house ... the bedroom painting blitz continues.

One of my favorite things ... bacon sandwiches, with butter and English mustard.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week ... getting my hair cut tomorrow; a choreography competition and dance show on Saturday (Angel is dancing. Star, Cherub and I are watching.); Angel's fifteenth birthday next Monday.

A Picture Thought I Am Sharing ... wine, good company and Swiss Toblerone chocolate fondue. I love, love, love my neighbours!

Find instructions and links to other daybooks at The Simple Woman

No comments: