Friday, April 24, 2009

7 Quick Takes

____________________

1. I was amused to hear Cherub singing this conflated version of I'm a little teapot and I'm a little snowman:
I'm a little teapot short and fat,
Here's my bag and here's my hat.
When the snow is falling hear me shout,
Tip me up and pour me out.
___________________

2. Cherub is showing the same determined independence as her eldest sister - "I do it! I do it myself! I don't need any help!". The independent streak can be a mixed blessing. It took me 40 minutes to clean up the bathroom after one of those moments this week.
___________________

3. Along with the independence goes contrariness, and a determination to do everything her way. Take the handprint dragon picture we made yesterday. I suggested that the dragon's feet should be on the ground - she stuck on the legs with the feet pointing upwards; I suggested the tail should be at his back end - she stuck it on his head; that being the same head she had already deliberately stuck on backwards. At that point I lost patience. It was not one of our finer crafting efforts.
___________________

4. Bad parenting moment of the week: Angel pointed out yesterday that I had forgotten to get her the ballet shoes she needs for her exam on Monday. Oops.
___________________

5. What do you get when you mix an Irishman with three Poles? In our case, new soffits, fascias and guttering. It has been like the United Nations here this week, but after lots of hard work and mugs of tea, the house looks a lot better. To say it was a long overdue job is putting it mildly.
___________________

6. Why is Cherub eating a chocolate egg at 9.15 am? Because she already has a trail of chocolate down her t-shirt from a choc chip brioche she ate for breakfast. May as well get all the chocolate mess over before I clean her up.
___________________

7. Visited a friend yesterday who had disturbed one of these in her garden earlier in the week. Not sure who was more startled, the friend or the hibernating glis glis.
___________________

You can find more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary

3 comments:

Shari said...

After reading yesterday's post, no wonder Little Cherub is getting all that chocolate for breakfast. Glad all is well.

Theresa said...

Your little Picasso sounds a lot like my hard-headed JBug.Makes life interesting, doesn't it?

Jaime (ChaseNKids) said...

Found your blog via Conversion Diary! It is fantastic! Can't wait to read of your entries!