Sunday, December 28, 2008

Cherubisms

On opening her first Christmas present ... "Can I keep it?". Yes sweetheart, that's how it works. On opening the second ... "Will you buy it for me?". Confusing, this Christmas thing.

Tevye: What's my name?
Cherub: Michael
Tevye: What's my other name?
Cherub: Jewish!

Bouncing up and down excitedly on being told that there were jam doughnuts ...
Cherub: I like doughnuts! Ham doughnuts!
Me: Not ham darling, jam. They are jam doughnuts.
Cherub (disgruntled): I not like doughnuts.

3 comments:

Karen Edmisten said...

So cute! When Betsy was about the same age, she said exactly the same thing ("Can I keep it?") upon opening a birthday present. Delightful.

Cherub has interesting taste in pastries. :-)

Catherine said...

ROFL! She is sooo cute! Hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

Theresa said...

LOL! So cute!