Monday, June 09, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook: June 9th

For Monday 9th June

Outside My Window ... a beautiful, bright June Morning.

I am thinking ... that life is good.

I am thankful for ... finally feeling healthy and energetic after months of struggling with asthma, coughs, colds, sore throats and lack of energy.

From the kitchen ... the interminable sound of the washing machine, which grinds slowly through the interminable heaps of washing. Very slowly. A new washing machine is getting very close to the top of our priority list.

I am wearing ... cropped beige trousers and a white t-shirt.

I am creating ... a more peaceful and orderly home. Slowly but steadily I am making progress.

I am going ... to bake bread and Dorset apple cake, and make Lucy's Lazy Sunday Morning Chicken for dinner (even though it will be Monday evening, not Sunday morning).

I am reading ... "Education is ...", a free ebook from Simply Charlotte Mason, The Story of Charlotte Mason by Essex Cholmondeley, and National Geographic.

I am hoping ... to get lots of baking, cleaning and creating of domestic order done today.

I am hearing ... the washing machine, the occasional bleep of a mobile phone that needs charging, and the click-click of Little Cherub playing with Duplo she was given for her birthday yesterday.

Around the house ... various things out of place and untidy. A book on the stairs, knitting on my desk, breakfast dishes in the sink, a jacket over the bannisters. Ten minutes of simply going round the house putting a few things away would make a big difference.

One of my favorite things ... I asked Little Cherub what is one of my favourite things ... she says "go zoo!" True. I do like to go to the zoo. Though I think she was really telling me one of her favourite things. We are sympatico.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week ... dinner at my mother's tomorrow, which will be an opportunity to catch up with an old family friend who is staying with her for a few days. Take out gym membership at the local leisure centre for myself and Angel (they do a discounted summer membership for teens). Now I have some energy again I really, really need to get more exercise. I'm still walking, but nothing like as much as I should ... and as Little Cherub is getting less content just to sit in her pushchair, it is getting harder. Playing with the brass band at a village fete on Saturday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing ...


Check out The Simple Woman for links to other Daybooks and instructions if you want to add your own.

No comments: