Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Display



For the last few months I have been using this space on top of a storage unit in the sitting room for a liturgical / seasonal display. I'm rather pleased with the way my Easter one came out. I bought the little egg tree on impulse from Tesco - though I think it could be quite a fun craft to make something similar. Maybe another year? The picture is one I found online, printed and laminated. The wooden candlestick I found forgotten in a drawer. The cloth is just a square of white felt - I also have green and purple squares to use for Advent, Lent and Ordinary Time. Very cheap and simple, but t make it easy to incorporate the liturgical colours. In front is Little Cherub's liturgical year book, and the three knitted eggs (one is hidden behind the candlestick) are there because I had an urge to knit them and then had no idea what to do with them!

3 comments:

Sweetness and Light said...

i love this, it's beautiful!

Karen Edmisten said...

It's lovely! And so is this bright and sunny blog. Happy, happy Easter!

Lucy said...

It looks lovely. Right now we don't use any cloths on our "altar", which is the sitting room mantlepiece. I hadn't though of using felt - making little cloths for the statues could be right up our son's street.