Thursday, January 10, 2008

Walking to Rivendell: Progress Report

I'm doing it! I'm walking! Thirteen and a half miles so far, and feeling very pleased with myself. The little imaginative tweak of translating miles walked into the hobbits' journey has been just the incentive I needed to get myself moving.

Twice this week I have walked to morning Mass - three miles in total - which means I managed a neat combination of physical and spiritual exercise. If I can regularly walk to Mass twice a week, added together with a two mile walk to and from Little Cherub's Jo Jingles class it will get me most of the way to my ten mile a week target.

Only one problem. I ache. My muscles are complaining about the unaccustomed exercise.

2 comments:

Romany said...

Well done!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You go girl!!! I'm pretty sure Frodo ached a bit too.

KS