Monday, January 28, 2008

Ouch!

Well that has never happened to me before.

Getting dressed this morning, I went to pick up my clothes from on top of the laundry basket and they bit me! It took a few seconds for my fuddled morning brain to process ...

(a) my finger hurts
(b) the pain is caused by my underwear
(c) my finger really hurts
(d) I need to let go
(e) why is my clothing stuck to my hand?
(f) why is it biting me?
(g) OUCH!!!!!

Finally I summoned up enough presence of mind to shake the item from my hand and reveal the offender ... a wasp! It wasn't a bite. It was a sting.

This leaves me with a question and a thought.

What on earth is a live and stinging summer wasp doing in my bedroom in January?

... and ...

Thank heavens I didn't put my bra on before discovering the wasp!

4 comments:

Shari said...

OH! How awful! This happened to me once on a dark, dreary, chilly March afternoon I wrapped my just bathed baby in a towel and she started to scream! I couldn't imagine what was wrong. I walked her around the house, tried to nurse her, everything I could think of and then decided to get her dressed anyway before she froze to death. When I unwrapped the towel out came a wasp!

Sweetness and Light said...

Oh you poor thing, I've been stung on the cheek before by a wasp, it hurt for quite a while :( Did you try baking soda paste??

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. I would check to see if you have a wasp's nest in your walls.

Ask me why I think this.

Blessings,

Faith

Rebecca said...

Yikes! I am sorry you were stung. :( I second the thought that they may be coming inside where it is warm.

I once went down a sliding board in which a swarm of wasps was nesting beneath. I was stung thirteen times. Not fun!