Sunday, December 23, 2007

Book Meme

It is a while since I have done a meme and as a bookworm I ought not to miss this one.
HT: Alicia

One book that changed your life:
Schools Out: Educating Your Child at Home by Jean Bendell. The first book I ever read on home education, that convinced me this was something I wanted to try.

One book that you’ve read more than once: The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R.Tolkien.

One book you’d want on a desert island: War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. A book I would love to re-read, but I suspect I would need to be on a desert island to get round to it.

One book that made you laugh: My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell.

One book that made you cry: The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Twomey by Susan Wojciechowski

One book that you wish had been written: A modern round-the-world living geography book for children. I'm thinking a cross between Michael Palin style travelogue and Richard Halliburton's Book of Marvels.

One book that you wish had never been written: The Antiquary by Walter Scott. I had to read this for an English exam at school and have never been able to read any Walter Scott since.

One book you’re currently reading: Home Education by Charlotte Mason.

One book you're planning on reading: Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI.

No comments: