Saturday, September 01, 2007

Ode to Autumn

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness,
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eves run;
To bend with apples the moss'd cottage-trees,
And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
For Summer has o'er-brimm'd their clammy cells.
John Keats
September is here, and autumn just round the corner. Hard to believe that "warm days will never cease" given that we have had so few this summer. Angel keeps telling me that September is forecast to be warm - let's hope she is right and we have a long Indian summer this year. Though I suppose what I want is the sun more than the warmth. Bright autumn days with just a hint of a nip in the air are my favourite.

And with the new season a new chapter of our lives is beginning. Angel and Star will begin school on Tuesday, and we can all start to get into a new routine. This summer it has felt as though life has been on hold. I like new beginnings, but once they are decided upon I don't like having to wait ... I want to get started!

2 comments:

Leonie said...

Wow, lots of changes in your home. I hope all goes well with the school!

Anonymous said...

Prayers for a wonderful year for all of you!