Monday, February 26, 2007

We made it!

It has been a busy week, but Mum / Grandma is now officially "round the bend", as Tevye informed her. I managed to get everything - apart from a number of items that appeared at the last minute - packed up by 7pm on Thursday. Almost everything fit on the removal van. They had to summon a small, extra van, but compared to a previous move when she more than half-filled a second full-sized van that was a mere trifle. (No removal firm ever moves my mother twice. They never allow for the nook-and-cranny effect - items stuffed everywhere!)

Over the weekend we managed to paint the sitting room and guest bedroom (named the Rocket Room by Angel and Star in honour of its previous decor!) and unpack enough boxes to be able to move around. Still a lot of work to go before everything is done and unpacked, but after six months of decluttering and packing up ... we made it :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting things done! I hope things a bit less hectic for you for a while at least.

Have a blessed lent.

Anonymous said...

Whew!! I'm exhausted just reading about it all! Congratulations!

KS

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you! I haven't commented, but I've been praying for you doing this long arduous process. My mother had to do this for her stepfather's house. He was a total packrat and it was exhausting!

Karen Edmisten said...

Congrats on finishing! What a lot of work, and I'm so happy for you that you've accomplished it!