Monday, February 19, 2007

Plans for Lent

With all the craziness going on here - splitting my time between two houses, frantically packing and no routine - I haven't had time to plan for Lent. I also need to keep it simple. A few ideas have jumped out at me - mainly from other peoples' blogs - and suddenly with minimal effort and thought on my part I have a plan.

  • Turn my face to my children (HT: Karen for this link) - toughest and most important, particularly for Star who desperately needs more positive attention than she has been getting.
  • Make a salt dough crown of thorns (HT: Karen again)
  • Collect money saved by giving things up for Aid to the Church in Need (inspired by Operation Rice Bowl - yes, that would be Karen too)
  • Fast from the internet on Fridays (HT: Faith)
  • I like the idea of this star chart, but I'm afraid I am good at starting this sort of thing but poor on follow through. I may give it a try, though.
  • Lent reading:
  • Lenten sacrifices:
    • Myself - chocolate in all shapes and forms
    • Angel - biscuits and crisps (cookies and chips to those of you over the pond!)
    • Star - all drinks other than water and milk, and bubblegum!
  • Prayer - I will add something into our daily prayers, but I'm not yet sure what.

2 comments:

Karen Edmisten said...

Oh, Kathryn, I'm so glad some of the ideas were useful! My ideas all come from other people, too, you know ....
:-) I'm with you on the chocolate, too, my dear .... We'll pray for one another.

Alice Gunther said...

Sounds like a perfect plan, Kathryn!