Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Living the Liturgical Year

Not a resolution exactly, but one of the things I hope to do this year is to begin to live the liturgical year more fully. I say begin, because I think this year will be as much about collecting and preparing as doing. I usually do quite well when it comes to the "big" seasons - Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter - but want to develop the habit of marking more saints' days and other feasts.

I was pondering this when I saw a thread on the 4 Real Forums about planning and organising for the liturgical year, which has inspired me to get organised. I have begun by starting a file for January where I am collecting ideas, prayers, pictures and miscellanous other stuff. I know my chances of success are best if I am not too ambitious, so I plan to be selective, using just a few ideas and keeping things simple.

I am planning to post some specific ideas and resources over the next few days.

2 comments:

Mary G said...

Kathryn,

Can you send me the link from the forum? I missed that one and REALLY need to be organized this year -- any advice would be highly valuable to this wannabe CMer!

The Bookworm said...

Ha! Caught out being too lazy to check the link when writing my post {grin}.

Here it is:
http://4real.thenetsmith.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7819&PN=1&TPN=1
It is a long thread!