Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Housekeeping meme

I can never resist a meme. Hat tip to Michele.

Aprons – Y/N?
No

Baking
– Favorite thing to bake:
Victoria sponge cake

Clothesline
– Y/N?
Yes

Donuts
– Have you ever made them?
No. Hot oil scares me!

Every day
– One homemaking thing you do every day:
Cook

Freezer
– Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yes, a small chest freezer in the garage

Garbage Disposal
– Y/N?
No

Handbook
– What is your favorite homemaking resource?
1000 Freezer Recipes

Ironing
– Love it or hate it?
Love it. Well, maybe not love it exactly, but I do like ironing. It is one of my favourite housekeeping tasks.

Junk drawer
– Y/N? Where is it?
No. Or not intentionally, at least!

Kitchen
: Design & Decorating?
White cupboards, grey work surface, off-white walls (now considerably more off-white than they were intended to be. Falling apart and in need of a major overhaul.

Love: What is your favorite part of homemaking?
Appreciative noises when dinner is served. The Jewish mother in me likes to feed people!

Mop - Y/N?
No. Not really. Apart from our (small) kitchen floor, the rest of the house is carpeted.

Nylons - Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
Washing machine. Though I very rarely wear them.

Oven - Do you use the window, or open the door to check?
The door.

Pizza - What do you put on yours?
Chicken tikka pieces. If I'm not at home, then pepperoni. Lots of it.

Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
What I am doing now ... computer. Read blogs and 4 Real Learning boards. Blog.

Recipe card box - Y/N?
No, but one of my Christmas presents was a special notebook for writing recipes in.

Style of house -
1970s terraced

Tablecloths and napkins - Y/N?
Yes to tablecloths (table underneath has seen better days). Napkins occasionally.

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland?
No longer easily accessible due to broken door.

Vacuum - How many times per week?
Once unless particularly messy.

Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do a week?
One every day.

X’s - Do you keep a daily list of things to do and cross them off?
No, but I'm sure if I did I would forget less ... if only I could remember to write things on the list.

Yard - Who does what?
Tevye mows and occasionally pulls out plants. (Hedoesn't discriminate between weeds and flowers; he just spots a messy patch and clears it. Totally.) I plant flowers in tubs every spring, and occasionally attempt a flower bed. Anything that survives my lack of care and attention longer than July is very lucky indeed. Last year Star took over watering the tubs and they thrived, so this year she is getting the job of chief flower grower.

Zzz’s - What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Put away my clothes tidily. This is a recent improvement on dumping them in a heap on top of the laundry basket.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I lived close...I'd be happy to entertain you with my ironing! :)

Anonymous said...

I really like ironing too! So satisfying to take a wrinkly item and make it look like new again.