Monday, January 01, 2007

Devotions Meme

Considering myself tagged by Karen and Faith ...

1. Favourite devotion or prayer to Jesus
The Anima Christi and the Jesus Prayer.

2. Favourite Marian devotion or prayer
The Rosary

3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
No. I used to wear a small gold crucifix I was given when I first entered the Catholic Church and a St.Benedict medal, but got out of the habit. The crucifix is on a fine gold chain, which is definitely not baby-proof, so it will be a while before I wear it again. I do have a St.Benedict medal on my keyring.

4. Do you have holy water in your home?
Used to, but lost that habit too. I'm trying to remember to get some so that we can do a house blessing on Epiphany, but forgot last Sunday.

5. Do you 'offer up' your sufferings?
Yes.

6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
No.

7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration?
Rarely. Our parish only has adoration for 30 minutes on a Saturday morning, which is difficult for me to get to.

8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or a Sunday morning Mass person?
Sunday morning, almost always.

9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
Yes - grace before meals. Sometimes the Angelus at lunchtime (usually if morning prayers got missed!)

10. Favourite saints
St.Benedict, St.Francis, St.Peter, St.Thomas More, St.Thomas of Canterbury, St.Thomas Aquinas, St.Teresa of Avila, St.Edmund Campion, St.Helena, St.Hilda, St.Cuthbert, St.Nicholas Postgate

11. Can you recite the Apostles' Creed by heart?
Yes

12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
No, though I wish I could remember to do so!

13. Bonus question: When you pass by an automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for those involved?
Yes

14. Helen's bonus question: If you could visit any of Our Lady's apparition sites, which one would you choose?
Lourdes - as a pilgrim, not as a tourist. I once passed through with Tevye while we were travelling in France, and it was very strange to be there 'on the outside' and observing partly through his Jewish eyes. I want to go back and pray there.

No comments: