Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Rule of six

Mary of St.Athanasius Academy has kindly asked me to take part in her Rule of Six carnival and give a list of six things to include in my children's day, every day. My first thought was not a Rule of Six, but a Rule of Three. Everyday my children should have:

  • something to love
  • something to do
  • something to think about
Heard that somewhere before? It comes from Karen Andreola's Charlotte Mason Companion (I had thought it was from Charlotte Mason herself, but after rooting around on the internet and failing to find a reference I think it is Karen A's own interpretation - please correct me if I'm wrong!). And I think the Rule of Three can be quite neatly doubled into six ...
  • Love God
  • Love our family
  • Do something worthwhile
  • Do something fun
  • Read something worth thinking about
  • Discuss something worth thinking about

2 comments:

Leonie said...

I like your rule of six - a good capsulation of CM's ideas. Thanks for ideas!

Anonymous said...

Your Rule of Three/Six really made sense to me, I like it!