Friday, August 11, 2006

Little Flower of Lebanon

I have been desperately saddened watching the news of recent events in Lebanon and Israel, and Love2Learn's post about St.Charbel of Lebanon struck a chord. It also reminded me about another Lebanese saint whose intercession we could ask for peace in the Middle East - St.Rafqa (or Rebecca), the Little Flower of Lebanon. I would like to mention two particular intentions, one general and one personal:

(1) For the Lebanese and Palestinian Christian communities, caught up in troubles not of their own making.

(2) For Tevye's Israeli cousin Micki and her family. She is in London for the summer but her home is in Haifa, one of the areas suffering missile attacks, and her sons and grandchildren are all in Israel.

St.Charbal and St.Rafqa, pray for us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Shari

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this Kathryn. I have a Rebecca and I never knew about this saint.

Blessings,

Faith

The Bookworm said...

Faith, I came across her when pondering names for Little Cherub ;)