Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I can't believe I did that! (Part 3)

A couple of weeks ago I had a conversation with Angel about reading in the bath and the risk of dropping a book in the water. I reassured her that it was quite hard to do, and in over three decades as an inveterate reader-in-the-bath I only remembered dropping a book once - as long as she avoided library books or anything particularly precious, I was quite happy for her to take the risk. After our adventures in Ambleside I retired to a nice warm bath to soak my bruised knees and enjoy The Tale of Hill Top Farm. Yes. You've guessed it. I had a cack-handed moment and The Tale of Hill Top Farm landed in the water. I'm glad to report it dried well, with only a slight crinkling of some pages to show for its misadventure.

No comments: